I’m not a gourmet chef, y’all… In fact, I’m pretty much walking that knife-edge of ’embarrassing’ as a Southern Chick. I can do some things in the kitchen, but not nearly all I probably *should* be able to do.
But that’s ok, my magic isn’t in pots & pans… I know a Kitchen Witch – a beautiful soul whose athame can be any knife in the block, and whose wand is just as likely to be a big wooden spoon as anything else. I’ll leave the iron-skillet magic to her, thank you very much.
What I need sometimes is just something fast. Easy. Tasty. Something that’ll cover my dinner needs & get me on to the next task. This, my lovelies, definitely fits the bill.
Italian Crescent Casserole
(modified from Real Mom Kitchen)
- 1lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce (or to taste)
- 1can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (I used the BIG ones)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (You know I used more than this! lol)
- In skillet, mix cooked beef and sauce. Heat over medium heat until warm.
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Place dough in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate in spoke pattern, with narrow tips overlapping rim of plate about 3 inches.
- Press dough in side and bottom of pan to form crust and cover the pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese over dough in the pan. (I added some garlic powder here)
- Spoon meat mixture evenly over cheese.
- Bring tips of dough over filling to meet in center; do not overlap.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the dish. Sprinkle any desired seasonings over the top. Bake at 375°F 15 to 20 minutes.
And that’s it! Easy-peasy & so very yummy. Happy Eating!