It’s been an interesting few weeks for me – very busy and a huge rollercoaster of emotions. So imagine my surprise & delight when, stopping by here just to check on how my blog was doing, I find that I’ve been nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” 😀 !! It was so unexpected & I am so grateful to Morgana Rose for both the nomination and the sweet words she posted about my little piece of the internet here. Take a minute & swing by her blog, too!
In the spirit of ‘paying it forward’, the award comes with the request that you:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself that you haven’t blogged yet
- Nominate several bloggers you admire
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
There are amazing blogs that I follow with a wide variety of topics, and I’m thrilled to be able to share a few of them with you. With no further ado, I give you:
1. “The Borrowed Abode” What started as one woman’s journey to beautify her rental living spaces turned into an ongoing adventure in crafting, decorating and repurposing for all of us who love amazing spaces but can’t afford the bank-breaking costs normally associated with it.
2. “Witch Blog” This talented and insightful blogger is also the gracious hostess of the “Real Witches of Halloween” blog tour – tons of fun during my favorite season!
3. “Two Busy Blondes” Master crafty-ladies with some of the most adorable food ideas I’ve ever seen. Be sure to check out their BBQ Grill Cupcakes – too cute!
4. “100 Days of Real Food” Absolutely the best blog for tips, advice & menu plans for how to easily move you & your family away from processed ‘fake’ food & on to a vastly more healthy lifestyle. Truly invaluable.
5. “Mommy Man – Confessions of a Gay Superdad” Completely engaging & entertaining blog of the life & times of a dad just like any other… or maybe just a little more fabulous!
6. “Disney Bound” A tumblr blogger who creates fashion outfits based on Disney characters. So innovative & fun.
7. “Midnight Ramblings” The blog of Stephanie Pui-Mun Law, one of the most talented artists of our time. Absolutely stunning and emotional artwork. I’ve been a fan of hers for years!
8. “Geek Dad” A place for geek parents who are “Raising Geek Generation 2.0”. If you think that Star Trek is a good place to learn the alphabet, that kid’s costumes are for Cons & not just Halloween, and that John Williams writes bedtime music, you’ll find a home here.
9. “Faeriedaughter” If you like your witchy-ness with a hint of mermaid & sea-salt, you’ll love this blog.
10. “Six Sisters Stuff” They’re actually sisters, there really are six of them, and they produce some of THE most amazing recipes on the internet. Engaging, funny, and just a down-home good time.
Hmmmm… Now 7 things about me. Let’s see:
- As a senior in high school, I was actually a Birmingham Belle.
- My cooking skills are woefully deficient for a southern chick.
- When I was little I didn’t want to be a princess. I wanted to be Leia, Wonder Woman & the Bionic Woman.
- I danced ballet for15 years.
- While on the debate team in high school, I competed in ‘poetry interpretation’… using e.e. cummings.
- I have written two novels & contributed to two short-story collections.
- I was a kickboxer.
That about does it! Thanks for stopping by, and thanks again to Morgana Rose for the nomination. 🙂