Well, my lovelies, I’m just thrilled to death! I was nominated for The Witchy Blog Award… And I’m supposed to do some question-answering & some blog-nominating (and how adorable is that little fur-baby on the award?!). ANYhoo – here we go:
1. How did you “discover” wicca/witchcraft? Well now. That’s a little difficult to say. I know I was ‘sparkly’ as a wee little thing, but my magic baby fingers were smacked with rules and shoved into boxes, and I grew up decidedly un-magical. It wasn’t until I started questioning everything in my life (right around the time I strode out on my own) that I found the path again.
2. Do you grow herbs? I wish!! Every time I see a little herb garden or precious planter, I just want to start trying to coax life into a bit of leafy-ness for my own use. Alas, I live in a nearly-underground very small condo with minimal sunlight & no ‘dirt’ (or patio). It’s crazy… so no, not at the moment. 😦
3. Are you “in the broom closet”? If not, share your coming out experience. As it happens, no I’m not! Was for years & years… actually, up until just a few months ago. I finally hit a point where I decided I was sick of hiding, half-stepping, and denying my true self… so I ‘came out’ with a bang! I even blogged it here. Still ‘closeted’ at work though… there’s only so far you can go & still draw a paycheck down here in the Deep South.
4. What tradition do you follow? I’m currently a Solitary finding my truth as it sings to me. It’s like curling up with your favorite fleece blanket on a crisp, cold winter morning… It’s HOME.
5. Do you consider yourself a witch, Wiccan or Pagan (or maybe something else)? I call myself a hearth witch. Generally, when asked, I tell people I’m Pagan… Meh, it’s a work in progress. I don’t follow the Wiccan path, just isn’t for me. 🙂
6. How much of witchcraft are you able to incorporate into your everyday life? Am I breathing?
7. Do you have a familiar? If you do, tell us how you met him/her and how (s)he takes part in your practice (if at all). Hmmm… this is a tough one. The truest answer is “I think so” – but I’m still learning and figuring things out on a lot of topics, so I can’t give a hard and fast ruling on this one. Sorry!
And some nominees. 😀
Rue and Hyssop – super fun, crunchy blogger from Canada; all about nature here
Witch Mom Blog – witch, mom, online store proprietor… this chick is wicked
My Moonlit Path – absolutely adorable mom & Goddess-follower; a family of witchy-women around her